Are you driven by helping people? H&R Block is looking to hire Associate Team Leaders who will be passionate about our purpose: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
As an Associate Team Leader for H&R Block, you will support a single retail office during tax season to deliver a world class client experience and assist with the daily supervision of tax office associates.
Prior tax preparation experience is not required as this role does not prepare taxes. You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in early December as you ramp up for the busy tax season and transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities.
What you'll do...
• Support the Multi-Unit Team Leader, serving as onsite point of contact for tax office associates and clients, ensuring quality and consistent execution that will allow us to promote the value of H&R Block
• Execute and hold all tax office associates accountable to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) execution and client service experience, with escalation to the Multi-Unit Team Leader and District General manager as necessary
• Serve as point of contact for onsite escalated client service concerns
• Ensure clients are scheduled properly and conflicts are resolved, with escalation to the Multi-Unit Team Leader and District General Manager as necessary
• Lead the office from the front desk, providing phone coverage and engaging with clients to deliver an outstanding experience
• Lead daily activities to ensure that all tax office associates are scheduled, and work is completed according to deadlines, with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals
• Lead daily huddles and communicate essential information to office associates
Qualifications: you will have some background in managing a team, motivating people to reach for their goals and coaching them in positive ways to achieve them. You will set an example in teamwork and organization for the office, being able to monitor work flow and resolve any disputes. You will be comfortable answering the phone and booking appointments, and dealing with clients in the office, although you will not be responsible for doing tax preparation. This will be a forty hour week January through April and can be stressful at times. You must be comfortable reporting to a Multi Unit manager and holding your office accountable. H & R Block is more than just a job, it can be a career, and likes to promote from within.
Locations are Broad and Hunting Park Ave. in Philadelphia and Willow Grove, PA.