Performs a range of housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and sanitized environment throughout the hospital. May operate machines in order to perform duties.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES :
- Maintains daily cleaning of assigned areas, by following the approved hospital Cleaning Procedures. Basic housekeeping tasks include, but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, polishing, dusting, and the cleansing of any and all designated objects/areas.
- Operate vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers, burnishes, buffers and wall washing equipment and any other power machinery as instructed.
- Maintains stock of all housekeeping supplies in assigned areas and maintains housekeeping closets and equipment.
- Prepares patient rooms for occupancy upon patient discharge or transfer including, but not limited to the sanitation of patient beds, furniture and equipment.
- Performs daily floor care maintenance.
- Moves furniture, boxes, etc.
- Cleans and maintains refrigerators, stoves, ovens, and other patient and non-patient care equipment.
- Sets up and cleans meeting rooms per specifications of department requester.
- Collects and disposes of trash and waste (both infectious and non-infectious) as needed.
- Cleans, disinfects and sanitizes items such as bathroom sinks, floor, shower (if applicable); fill soap dispenser, and paper towel and tissue dispensers.
- Communicates to supervisor or Control Center the need for repairs, etc.
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
Work requires the ability to read, follow oral and written instructions in English at a level acquired through the completion of elementary school.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Work requires ability to learn and perform basic housekeeping practices and understands the policies and procedures of the hospital